Thursday, May 18, 2006

Testimony #010

Sending my requests for provision from the CEO has become normal. Normal, as in, non-panic-ey.

Instead of, "OMG we have $17 bucks left to our name! S-O-S. PLEASE HELP"...and all sorts of sack-cloth and ash style whinings...now it's just a praise and thanks to the CEO that we've never gone broke or without and oh, by the way, we ask for XXX for groceries and upcoming bills.

Yesterday my elderly widow neighbor (affectionately known as the Dumpster Nazi) who lives across the alley in back of our house, wanted to hire me to do her yard. Just like that. Out of the blue from someone I have little contact with.

I have long ago given up the pride that makes me embarrassed to do a old lady's yard for chump change, which is how I earned money when I was 15. I'm all about chump change these days. Bills get paid and groceries are purchased with chump change.

4 comments:

Mike Murrow said...

by the way, we ask for XXX for groceries and upcoming bills.

hmmm, is this a web site or just energetic reading material?

Agent B said...

yes

Mike Murrow said...

get it? xxx? you will laugh later i know...

Agent B said...

oh...yeah...I get it...