Monday, September 05, 2005

Secret missions on my doorstep

I'm not exaggerating. As soon as I published the previous post our doorbell rings. It was 10:30pm. I answer and a young woman who I've never seen was standing there crying, weeping and desperate. She asked to use our phone but really, she didn't know what she wanted. She wanted out of her desperate life. She and a boyfriend were staying down our street with some people she didn't know. It started getting rough so she went for a walk. So I ask her point blank,
"Of all the houses on Undercover Lane, why did you come here?" - 'cause there's like 49 houses on my street.
"I came here because I saw the light".

She was meaning our porch light. But I'm honored with the metaphor. This 28 year old mom spends 2 hours crying, telling us her life story, confessing sins, and praying with us. She wants to get back home to Lometa, TX and arranged something after using our phone and reaching a friend. She knows the CEO and my friend Jesus but hasn't kept in touch with them since her teen years. She felt that her calling in life is to become a drug & alcohol counselor due to her real life experiences with these vices. She wouldn't stop thanking us for praying with her.

I usually change people's names on this blog to protect the guilty (and innocent). But this woman's (real) name is Amy. Prayers for her life to change and to follow what the CEO has planned for her are appreciated.

No comments: