Sunday, September 04, 2005

Outside the church (club) part XXVII

Last night my secret agent family and I visited my old friend Jack Kerouac and his family. They were in from Oklahoma and staying with another family from our charismatic club days. Jack and I go WAY back, before our marriages but during my manic depression days 11 years ago. The CEO used us both to help each other through depression and other life and spiritual issues that hit young men at post-college age.

I've been assigned duty outside the club for 3 years. And ever since it appears that members of my last club treat me with caution or 'kid-gloves'. Like I was a nuclear bomb that might blow up any moment. Maybe I'm hallucinating. If you knew me and my wife you'd think we're the most easy-going humans on the planet. Well...maybe just Agent Wife.

I'm sure people leave churches for all type of silly reasons. But it's possible that some people go outside the church walls because their God-given mission in life could not be executed within the church...no matter how hard they tried. Most former club (church) members get blackballed as "offended" and/or "rebellious" by the church. That's unfortunate, if not abusive.

Being offended or rebellious is in the eye of the beholder.

No comments: