Friday, September 02, 2005

Perspective: woe is me

I have planned on keeping this blog on target with subjects as they pertain to the life, observations, and surroundings of Agent B. Thus, I will most likely avoid such things as standard news items (like Hurricane Katrina) unless it fits this blog.

So this moning I go to turn on this here laptop (a very nice gift I aquired through an investment group that decided to disolve itself - hey, I lost nothing yet gained a cool computer) and this laptop decides to crash. OK - big deal. All my bookmarks and keyboard settings are lost. Boo-hoo. But the real sucky deal is I (ignorantly) had a whole summer's worth of digital photos of my offspring (an infant learning things for the 1st time) that's now gone for good. And I'm big on historical preservation...especially if it involves my family and offspring. My negelgence for not burning them on disc yet.

Well, yes I don't have a TV but all my friends and neighbors do. So I've seen a fair share of the hurricane horror. And here I am sitting across the table from my baby who's eating lunch. And I'm whining about losing photos of him crawling for the 1st time yet there's people who lost everything and won't get to watch their babies eat lunch ever again.

Oh forgive me God of my insensitivity and self-centeredness...

No comments: