Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Prodigal son

A neighbor came by today during lunch to see if I could get her mower to start. While out on the sidewalk yanking away with the start rope I take notice of a taxi pulling up in Obi-Wan's driveway. Some guy got out with a hanging bag and knocked on his front door while the cab left. My seasoned Agent instincts told me this was his long lost son from Houston.

After returning some yard equipment to Obi-Wan I indeed discovered that the mystery guest was his wayward son Lamont.

Wow. Totally unexpected. Lamont just hopped aboard the Greyhound bus and boom, here he is with no warning. I think he's staying a few days, even though he hates the fair mother city. He's not the first to despise my town.

Obi-Wan hadn't seen Lamont in years and didn't think he'd ever get to see him again. They aren't real close. The family and I got to meet him and visit tonight. Pleasant guy. He's pretty different from Obi-Wan, which I had gathered from many conversations about him. I'm glad to have met him.

No comments: