Saturday, January 07, 2006

Saturday randoms

I replaced the battery in the Millenium Falcon this morning. It had been giving me problems on and off for 2 weeks and the free electrical testing at the auto parts store diagnosed that it's dead. I have much driving to do around TX this week. Dad is coming in from NY on Monday. I'm picking him up in Austin, then dropping him off at Granddaddy B's. Then I'm meeting with The Shaman near Witchita Falls on Tuesday. Then, I assume, I'm going back to Grandaddy B's to get dad and bring him back with me to the fair mother city for a few weeks. Agent Wife & I own 2 aging vehicles and I struggle to keep at least one of them "road worthy" for long trips. Any and all prayers for my safety and the Falcon's operations are greatly appreciated.

**********************************

As always, Obi-Wan's feet were bothering him today. I thought he once had one of those foot massager things - the kind you fill with water, plug in, stick your feet in, and turn on. So I found it in the garage and set it up in front of his chair. 30 minutes later I was helping him dry his feet and putting his shoes back on. I found it funny...I wonder if Jesus was literal about washing people's feet...and if it involved one of these foot massager things. Well, I wasn't really washing...just drying. The massager did the washing, I guess.

**********************************

We were invited over for dinner at the home of Agent S (The Librarian). His wife runs the kitchen/food operations among other ministries at the beach head downtown. I actually met her first, before Agent S, during izzy's ministerial contraband gig 2 years ago. The CEO is answering long awaited prayers of mine about having friends the same age as us with small children. And they roughly have the same agenda in life as us too. It was very good getting to know them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know in India one of the deepest forms of respect you show an elder is to bow down and touch their feet?

It is a very respectful what you do for Obi-Wan.

Hope you have safe travels and come back with fun stories.

Anonymous said...

Agent B downplayed the evening (IMHO) or maybe it wasn't as unique for him as for me. It was so REFRESHING to meet with people who really care about the homeless and poor and are investing themselves to show their love. I totally enjoyed talking about common friends we have on the streets, even though we have been out of the scene so long, I guess a piece of our hearts were invested in these precious people and you can't just take it back or forget about it. May the CEO take us where we need to go and bring us back into the place that causes our hearts to soar. It was also fun and hillarious to find out all the funny personality similarities between agent B and the librarian and his wife and I. And who says the CEO doesn't have a sense of humor!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! If this blog today were a master painting it would be "Cafe at Night" by Vincent Van Gogh (because it's my favorite)or if it were music it would be anything by Mozart played on the violin! I guess what I am trying to say is that the opera that is going on between you and Obi-Wan and the CEO is so very beautiful! It's like an aging Olympian being helped run his final race by the student.
Agent C

g13 said...

hey b,

glad to hear of your confederation with agent s. that's an answer to prayer.

peace.