Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Texas tour II

All went well (again). After 5 months I finally met with The Shaman at one of Seymour, Texas' finest. I took opportunity to interrogate him and figure him out. Then I (we) shared hopes, dreams, and tales. Very refreshing and well worth the trip.

The Shaman, who's around 60 or so, has a dream similar to mine like The Table. Except his involves an art gallery which funds resources for the poor distributed within the same facility. He calls this (as well as The Table) "market place mission" or something like that.

In the non-secret agent/personal world...

On the way to Seymour I accidentally stumbled upon one of my indulgent interests: Texas ghost towns. FYI, I begrudgingly own one of the premier books on the subject (Our dog chewed this book I borrowed from the library. We had to buy it. $30 down the tubes. Stupid bitch).

I was unfamiliar with Bomarton, Texas. That is, until I past some grand looking church building out in the middle of a field. I was making good time so I turned back and drove half a mile off the highway down the dirt road towards the building. It is the St. John's Catholic Church built by Czech immigrants about 80 years ago. And what was cool was that the building was unlocked (front door kept closed with a flower pot). Signs asked that visitors were welcome, but not to deface property. I figured that was my ticket to climb up into the bell tower. I jumped up a couple of feet and scaled to the lowest rung, then up the rickety wooden ladder through the 2'X2' opening. Indy Jones would be proud. Wish I brought my camera.

Ask me sometime of my interest in Belle Plain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agent B

I told you I am a techno-idiot. I just saw the links on the right where I can access the archives and go back to the beginning, which I will. After I get some sleep. Been on the site about 3 hours today, catching up.

Laughed, cried, etc.

Much love.

Agent B said...

3 hours, eh? Agent B has his 1st proclaimed compulsive fan. I now must go disguised into the public realm. It has come to this...;)

Anonymous said...

I heard agiyosi thinks his baby can outwrestle agent offspring. Hopefully time will tell.