Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Wednesday randoms

North Korea

My friend Bella was in town today. She came over for lunch. We go way back about 10 years ago. She, I and another guy use to volunteer at a local battered women's shelter once a week and play with kids while their moms were in counseling. She's also the only person I knew who made it to my wedding in Canada. Yup, assembling groomsmen was easy since my only choices were my dad and a future brother-in-law. I would have had Bella be my "best woman", but that probably wouldn't have gone over well with the new inlaws.

Bella has been a missionary in South Korea for the last 2 years or so. Her desire is to help bring the secret agent agenda into North Korea. And last year she actually moved to a town in China on the N Korean border. She poses as an English instructor at a university, but meets and prays regularly with busisness people who have professional dealings within NK. I mean...she's like right there...as close as you can get without actually going into NK. This blows my mind because before I knew any of this about her (we had lost touch a while back) I had for some reason become consumed with stories on North Korea and its gulags, regime, and overall way of life.

My personal solution to NK woes: Bush & Co don't need to send in an armed military. If the US army took the beaches & Chinese & South Korean borders with a bunch of buffet tables and food tents, the whole damn county would surrender including the NK army. They're all starving over there. Kim Jong Il makes Hitler look like a school girl.

Anyway...anyone feeling the need to support secret agent ground troops in NK, let me know. I've got connections.

Testimony #004.5

Today, the Canadian funds check from December finally got americanized and deposited in Abilene. Thank you CEO...in your perfect timing as always. We needed that money by the end of this week, too.

Pork chop

I was describing Obi-Wan's recipe for fried pork chops on the phone to an old friend tonight. As I arrived at Obi-Wan's for our Criminal Minds engagement, low and behold one such pork chop was awaiting me on a plate. I knew there was a reason I had a small dinner at home tonight. I can't resist. Damn good eating.

1 comment:

Mike Murrow said...

man, amen on the food not bombs thought. our spending in iraq is like what? a gazillion? if we spent 10% of what we spend on the war machine on foreign aid we wouldn't need the war machine... but i guess that answers the question of why we dont do that.