Friday, January 06, 2006

The Table...moving slowly

I'm not giving up on my dream. It's only the 6th day of the new year...and it's not like I have to make something happen in 2006 anyway. But it would sure be nice if this gets moving this year.

I went downtown today to visit the The Bread Guy. He runs a shop which has an adjoining storefront for rent. I think he owns both places. I've rarely visited his shop, but amazingly enough he knows me and acts like we're old friends. Back in 1992 a college buddy of mine worked for him. A family member of The Bread Guy had passed away so The BG was selling boxes of old classical records which I was interested in. And he's remembered me ever since. So since I'm possibly interested in his vacant storefront, I plan to take advantage of this obscure acquaintance. But he was on vacation and won't be back until next week. So I'll have to check in after Wednesday as I have much traveling to do Mon & Tues.

Afterwards, I smoked some tobacco with Pastor Hawking today at the Jedi Council Room. He's the one that gave me a gentle kick in the pants on getting the ball rolling for this dream of mine. He also gave me some more encouragement...

Pastor H's faithful ward, The Hippie has a dream that recently received a modest financial offering to get it going. The Hippie is a talented mechanic, and his dream is to buy up old used cars and fix them up to either lease out real cheap ($25 a week) to people with short term car needs, or give them away to poor people who need one. He's starting this from his garage.

No comments: