Friday, January 27, 2006

Communications

The CEO always has interesting ways of sending me communications.

I have taken on a new persona of faith in recent months. Or so I think. Easier said than done. My explanation of this statement is as follows:

Instead of whining about finances I am trying to believe they will just be there when needed. I looked back at my journals from recent months. Most entries state things like "I don't know how we're going to make it through September", or "November is around the corner and I don't know how we'll get through financially". Well here it is...almost February...and I've never had any past due bills so I guess I'll stop crying. The CEO brings in money, temp jobs, gifts, and opportunities just at the right moment every time for the last 2 years or so. Never an overabundance. Just what I need.

So this past week, seeing that we have our mortgage payment due on the 1st, and seeing that the funds to pay it were not in the bank, I got a little antsy. Back when I had "steady income" (whatever the hell that is) I always paid the mortgage a month early (I'm a nerd that way - banks love me). And in the past the CEO always gave us what we needed a month in advance. But in recent months, we seem to receive as need arises. No more early payments made.

This morning Agent Wife was paid for some babysitting for last month which I forgot about. I thought this family wasn't going to be able to pay anymore as they're going through a crisis. So the CEO answers our mortgage payment prayer through my forgetfulness. Thank you god. And it came just as we needed it.

Later this morning I go to the downtown Baptist Beach Head to join Agent S's wife Leslie and company for the second week. All was fun like last week. Met new faces and got reacquainted with a couple of old ones. After the first lunch plates were served Leslie preached a little sermonette on, of all things, manna and the whinings by the children of Israel. Manna: it was given every morning to be used that day. All extra would ruin. And the Israelites STILL complained. Crap. This message is for me.

Then after lunch and during cleanup I started talking to Kurt. I haven't seen him in almost 4 years. Kurt's the most mild mannered, sweetest homeless guy you'll ever know. He looks about 60. His hand is crippled. And I remember him well from The Table at the old izzy days even though he was around for only a month. He washed our dishes after lunch each day, voluntarily. Kurt asked about the izzy group and told me how he really missed us when he returned to town a year ago.

Then the CEO starts speaking through him in what I'd consider prophecy. Things like, "the CEO's going to take care of you. You guys (izzy) will get what you need" etc.

Amazing how a little sermonette given to a lunch ministry crowd and a homeless guy can confirm the CEO's truth for me at this moment in time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a long way from walking/living on faith. It's so easy to look down on the Israelites in the wilderness without seeing myself in that. I've been reading Corrie Ten Boom's: Tramp for the Lord. Hiding Place--is also excellent. She totally had peace that her every need would be provided. I'm sure there have been many reassurances and truths that I haven't hread throughout my life...I hope to have ears that will listen.
lil' sis