Monday, January 16, 2006

the duck files

Sorry, no agent reports again today. Just more schtick. Maybe tomorrow.

Well, actually my dad is with us for a few weeks so today we engaged in agent activity in the neighborhood.


But the belated birthday meal at my favorite Chinese dig was this evening. Peking Duck was the dish (must order 24 hours in advance). Most people in the fair mother city do not know Peking Duck is available to them. Most people probably don't care.


Chef H is a local hero of mine. An actual Chinese guy, Chef was schooled in FIVE culinary regions of China. All dishes in the restaurant are made by him and him alone, behind the viewing glass.

His restaurant is small (I think it use to be a KFC years ago). His customers begged for him to get a bigger building to ensure they'd get a seat anytime. He refuses because of his level of quality control.


I have no idea what brought him to our fair mother city, but I ain't asking questions. Just thanking the CEO for Chef H and for any opportunity to eat his food.









*Agent dog partaking of her ritual duck head treat

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Festive...but you get the award for most disturbing blog photos in my blogroll today...the duck head in the dog's mouth may give me weird dreams!

When we were in China they had dead ducks hanging everywhere...blagh! We had a formal Peking Duck dinner while we were there...not my favorite thing...but a neat experience!

Agent B said...

Duck meat is great, man. I don't understand why you can't buy one in a grocery store, like a turkey.

Anonymous said...

you can here...in the Asian supermarket down the road you can buy a whole friggin pig! They sell all things meat!

Anonymous said...

This kind of reminds me of the end of "A Christmas Story."

Agent B said...

Classic. I loved that movie. My wife didn't get that movie, but oh well.