Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Have yourself a Momo Christmas

In the midst of a mission doomed to failure, I ran into Momo (see here and here).

I was tracking down the fair mother city's most infamous homeless couple, the Reverend Jack and Annie. Jack is a drunken street preacher. Annie has followed him for at least 7 years. I was ordered to deliver wrapped gifts to them from another entity. After some phone calls I learn Rev Jack is in jail. Who knows where Annie is.

And to my delight, Momo gave ME three small gifts each wrapped in newspaper, one for each member of my family. I look forward to christmas morning to see what they are.

Who said Christmas has to be about consumerism, malls, credit debt and family disfunction?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

was he still in jail?

Agent B said...

No. He got out about a week after I saw him.

He was camped out on some porch of an abandoned office building, next door to a well known ministry to local homeless folks.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found him...I'm sure it made your day!