Wednesday, December 21, 2005

thanks

To: the CEO - I thank you for the life you have tossed my way. I really like it and I don't tell you that enough. Thanks.

Thanks for giving me a life that I don't have to wake up to an alarm and join a hurried rat race every morning.

Thanks for giving me a life where I don't have to wear slacks. I hate slacks. I really don't even like button-down shirts much. Or dress shoes...ever. I was born a t-shirt and levis guy and I'll die a t-shirt and levis guy.

Thanks for this quirky, faith pushing life. It's weird to explain it to people, so I usually don't. And family is the worst when it comes to talking about it. But I never hung out with family much anyway. So, thanks.

Thanks for coffee...every kind (mostly). Thanks for Starbucks, even though I couldn't justify buying $3 coffee this year. Well, maybe once. Lord, I REALLY, REALLY miss El Pico. Please give the HEB managers 3 visions and a dream about stocking this coffee again. Not a fast moving product...my ass. I bought a can from them EVERY WEEK and SOMETIMES they were OUT.

Thanks for Agent Offspring. You know...I never saw myself as much of a "kid" guy. But I guess that changes after having kids. AO rocks. Especially our little crawl on the floor, chase games.

No comments: