Monday, December 05, 2005

transcript - 6:16p

OBI-WAN: Agent B, I want you to go out to the shed and make a list of things you want.

AGENT B: Make a list?!? Things I want? Why?

OBI-WAN: The people that handle my affairs will need to know what to give you after I pass on. I want you to pick out all the tools you want.

******************************************

I can't fathom doing this. Very vulture-ish. I mean, I'm honored Obi-Wan would give me anything, much less a list of things I choose.

I wouldn't mind if some lawyer contacted me in the future and said, "here, Obi-Wan wanted you to have this". But picking things out ahead of time...(shudder)...I don't know...I don't think I can do it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he can't make it out to the shed with you, bring some things up to him...ask him what he would like for you to have and ask him why.

When my grandma was dying from cancer she asked me what I wanted...I told her what was special to me and why. She gave some things to my mom. I just got a ring last weekend that she had given my mom to give me. Before I left after grandma's funeral my mom handed me a little box. When I opened it I saw two little chicken figurines that I had bought for grandma in India and China. Those are still the most precious things from her...I remember her everytime I see them.

Anonymous said...

Agent B,
I really think that you should do what he is asking and go to the shed and pick out what you would like. He will keep on living this way. His good works will join your good works. You would use these tools for good things in your life. You did not ask him for these gifts, he is offering them to you! He loves you and wants to do what all people want to do when they love someone and that is give! He is just a good man that has been given the gift of giving from the Father.
Hope you don't mind my thoughts on this subject.
Love and prayers
Agent C

Agent B said...

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have no problem "receiving" from him. I receive things from him often.

Something about "picking things out" in advance bugs me. Like maybe I'll get greedy or something.