Friday, December 09, 2005

testimony #002

In George Muller-esque fashion, I opened the mail today and received a moderately large check out of the blue from an unlikely source...an old family friend of Agent Wife who use to support us as missionaries through the izzy group.

Of course, the check is in Canadian funds. And banks in the fair mother city hate non-US dollars. It took us 6-8 weeks to cash the last one. And the wife & I have a Canadian account, but the check is in izzy's name, not ours. And Canada banks don't let you cash other's endorsed checks.

...but really...I'm not complaining one bit! I can make this work. Thank you God.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome! would it be worth the drive to dallas to cash it there? just thinking bigger city might have more options.

Agent B said...

If I knew of a bank in the metroplex that would hand me cash money w/ no hoops to jump, then yes. It would be worth it. Maybe.

I try avoiding extra milage on my aging cars, but I have friends there, which would give me an excuse to visit them for an afternoon. Thanks for the idea.

james said...

Regarding the cashing of non-US checks, is it the fair mother city that doesn't care for it or is it the entire state of Texas?

Congrats again on Agent Offspring 2. :)

Agent B said...

James - it's my city. Which is odd as the fair mother city has 3 private universities and a US air force base, all of which bring people from all over the globe. You'd think local banks would handle foriegn checks easier. Foriegn currency is out of the question.

But hey...we have authentic Chinese, Thai, and Italian restaurants! I'm quite proud of that.