Friday, December 23, 2005

Party #1 - the Sanford's

Man, this wasn't just a food & fun get-together. This was the Sanford's actual "Christmas", as in, their gift exchange festival. And we were invited. They even had wrapped gifts for us. The poverty culture always amazes me. They may not have much money and they may take every free assistance made available to them. But when it comes to gift giving parties, EVERYBODY gets a gift, even if it's a dollar store trinket wrapped in holiday paper. I could stand to learn from that level of generosity. Truly, the "thought" really DOES count.

The food was plentiful. The gifts were stacked to the ceiling. I couldn't get a good photo of the gift giving frenzy because their living room & kitchen is like 450 square feet and there were about 18 or 20 people crammed in there with furniture. My photos aren't all that great as it's hard for me to capture the mood when I'm suppose to be a participant in this party. Plus, flash photography stinks and no one will sit still for non-flash photos. So, after my defense for the unartistic, lousy pics...here's a few photos:


[L to R] The Tiger, his friend Pudge (that's his real nickname...I didn't make it up), and The Bulldog.











Uncle Jerry & Gramma.

















Aunt Susie in the kitchen.


















Frieda Sanford with Manuel.














Cousin Stone-Cold (Susie's son).


















Party hardy.














Classic...The Tiger wearing his new workmen's coveralls (from the waste down) and Southpark bath slippers. His manly side and his soft side all at once.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how reading this has warmed my heart, and renewed in me a feeling about Christmas thats been missing for a long while. I wish I could have been part of it.