Friday, December 09, 2005

Agent Offspring #2 update

After almost a month of knowing Agent Wife was pregnant, we finally had our first visit with the doctor today. So it's official. She's pregnant (I don't have much faith in those dollar store pregnancy tests).

Our doctor is a new doctor, both to us and here in the fair mother city. The doctor is a "she"...and so far we really like her. She actually spent quite a bit of time with us (over an hour) rather than a 30 second "Good to see you. Sign here". She's also recently out of med school and is probably a few years younger than me. But I'm more than willing to give a rookie a chance, especially if she's willing to treat us like humans, and thus, not people who are funding a yacht payment this month.

We actually got to see a sonogram, which is pretty early for normal since AO2 is about 6-8 weeks right now. Nothing makes a pregnancy less fictional than the great invention of sonogram. The first time I saw AO1 in sonogram form, I cried. Wow...I help create that. I actually have a friend who was a full fledge abortion rights guru until he saw his baby's first sonogram. Amazing how an entire philosophy can be changed by viewing a grey & black blob on an old Atari video game screen.

At best estimate, Agent Offspring #2 is due to join us July 3rd. Which may pit my Canadian in-laws to hope for an early birth on Canada Day (July 1) against my family for a late birth on July 4.

...usa...usa...usa...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that does seem early for a sonogram...but cool to get to see him/her.

Agent B said...

Yea...it was a "vaginal" sonogram as opposed to the kind they view through your stomach. She said AO2 is too small to see through the stomach now.

I can't remember why she wanted to do a sonogram now. I think because AO1 was born so big (9lb 10oz) and she wanted to measure AO2 and get an accurate due date.

Anonymous said...

whew lordy...9lb 10oz...poor agent wife!