Thursday, October 20, 2005

Temporary gig and such

Today I started a temporary handy-man gig at Grandma Nelly's house. I've known Grandma Nelly for ten years and she's been a ministering within the izzy family for a while. I'm actually working for her handyman Benny, who recently had a pacemaker put in so he can't do too many strenuous things, so that's where I come in. I know how to paint well but I've always wanted to know how to mud, tape & bed, texture, etc. which is mostly what we're doing. Benny's an artist at handyman stuff and I'm his apprentice for now. Benny gets the helping hand he needs and I get a free teacher and a job that will bring in some income. A huge answer to prayer. And if this agent gig goes south, I've now picked up a new trade. I've got to stop saying that.

**************************************

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both Agent Wife (32) AND Agent Offspring (1). I love you both. October 20th is a day I'll never forget. Obi-Wan baked a cake ("made with orange soda-water").

**************************************

...and thanks for leaving comments on this blog and especially the quality of them. Thanks for not being divisive (ie: jack-asses). I've read too many blogs like this where some "anonymous" wise guy wants to pick a fight. And since I'm anonymous I guess I can't be annoyed with anonymity. I'm surprised the fundamentalists haven't found this and given me a tongue lashing yet. After starting this blog in August I didn't think it'd last past September. But I find blogging strangely therapeutic. Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you'll never forget it? Try pushing a 9lb 10oz child through your... you know what! And I'd do it a hundred times over to receive what we have now, agent offspring... and to see you blossom as agent dad. It has been an honor for us both. Thanks for salvaging my birthday. I am loved and I know it.

Mike Murrow said...

yeah tape and mud... drywall... very soon the fun of it wears off and you begin to understand why 99% of the guys who do dry wall have to be stoned to go to work...

i am sure your buddy is an exception...

(hey, i am a construction worker so i have first hand experience...)

Agent B said...

Ha. My buddy's a little of an exception. He's a recovered addict.

Sally said...

Just imagine what the church could become is we were all agents..... wait a minute, that's what we're suppose to be!

Laughing and loving every word of your post. Now this is kingdom building!

code word: ammeq (backwords for Pemma - one of the Dali Lama's underlings (seriously, he use to do handywork for my mom!)

Agent B said...

Sometimes I feel like a laughing stock of the church. Not that I care what they think of me anymore...

So, thanks Sally.