Sunday, October 30, 2005

Agent D

So this afternoon I was taking advantage of the decent weather and father/offspring time by melding the two together and taking a stroll around the hood.

We come up Undercover Lane from the far south end and head home afer a good 45 minute stroll when I run into Agent D. He and his wife & brood run some sort of c-o-c controlled beach head in a prime location within the fair mother city. I've known of D for about 6 years, but don't really know him other than we share the same street and basically the same agenda in life.

So he says, "I've been reading this thing on the internet...are you Agent B?"

"I've heard of him" I say.

Dammit, I've been found out.

Oh well...he promised to not ruin my cover...

4 comments:

Agent B said...

So Adam (if that's your real name)...as a local college student...what's your take on the fair mother city? I assume you are not from here.

Play nice.

Agent B said...

Happy birthday.

Sorry you don't like her. She's a good city, despite the overtly religious banter that spews from her pores. Despite her low waged opportunities and advantageous care on the poor who support/make up her work force. Despite her spot-light, social club attention on those who DO give to the poor. I could go on....and it's probably like this in every city.

I can't defend her semi-arrid surroundings. But their IS a serene beauty in it if you look closely.

I once lived in the ACU biosphere too. 5 years. A short-lived stint with a fiance'-gone-bad and mental depression kept me here. I've made the best of it. Once off the hill, I'd bet you'd enjoy her too.

And I now love her. Flaws and all.

Anonymous said...

Agent B, My name is Agent T. God lead my to your blog. I turned agent D and Adam onto your site(as well as others). Hope to read much more from you. My cover is even embedded deeper as I have been placed by the CEO in a church club. I am always looking for ways to change the culture, but it is very slow.

Agent B said...

"Change the culture"...good luck. You're gonna need it. Ha. Just remember...religion is the culture that killed Jesus.

I'm glad there's agents like you out there...cause I wouldn't want that gig.

All the best to you and your mission.