Monday, June 05, 2006

Under construction Pt III


The wheelchair ramp is moving along. I am pretty sure we'd have been done by now but Mr. Mackey is kind of like an absent-minded mad scientist. He does excellent work. But he will lay something down and forget where he put it. And although that sounds like nothing, multiply that by about 50 and your adding a whole day to your work project.

Plus, we've had to change our original structure plans at least twice due to some kind of forgetfulness on his part. It's no big deal to me. I find it funny. I can see why the CEO paired him up with his wife, Mrs. Mackey. She's always on him like a nagging mother. She has to remind him to eat because he'd probably forget.

When we started this morning we had a baby bluejay parked on the table saw legs like a mascot. It stayed there for about 2 hours with us sawing on the table it stood on.

Then after lunch I heard a thump behind me. Another had just left the nest from the tree that shades us all day. Then I heard a 3rd one fall. I thought it was injured from the fall.

After a while I went to check on the 3rd one when I thought I was being attacked by the mother. But instead it was a 4th baby bird that had landed on my back. It was attached to the back of my shirt and Mr. Mackey had to get it off with a stick.

The baby birds all hopped off around the neighborhood. I think they'll cope well in life.

No comments: