Sunday, November 20, 2005

Testimony #001

I need to start writing down the CEO's daily acts in my life. So here's the first in a continuing installment...

*************************

We wanted to go visit my mom in Houston for Thanksgiving. On November 1st we just barely had enough money to get us through the whole month. No extras. That means no traveling. And besides...both of our cars needed mechanical work before a long road trip. So mom asked if we were coming and I says, "Can't commit to that...yet".

Well, mom offers to fill our tank up for the trip back (I never ask for charity from her, but she freely offered). And we have the gas money budgeted to get us there. So gas is covered.

Then I remember an envelope of $180 cash belonging to the izzy group. It was leftover from some ministry-related trip I took last summer and I found it in my desk last month. I ask The Bossman if I could have it to get my car repaired. He said sure.

The car repair estimate is $220 (and that's AFTER a stellar, generous offer of giving me the parts at cost...this auto tech is a good friend of mine). I figure I can come up with the remaining $40 somewhere. I can go sell plasma or something...anything.

The night before I pick up the car, I go visit a good friend (who shall remain unidentified). This friend says, "hey, I know you're traveling next week. I want to give you something". The friend hands me...$40.

CEO: thank you. Why do I often forget the timeliness of your supply-line?

No comments: