Thursday, November 24, 2005

Hollywood crock

I am visiting family in Houston for the holiday. More on that when I get time.

But I wanted to set the record strait. Hollywood is a crock. Last night, the one and only TV show I watch - Criminal Minds - has failed me.

The setting was on board a passenger train in West Texas between El Paso and Dallas.
Fact #1: Texas is far behind the times with mass transit systems. There are no passenger trains that run through West Texas into Dallas. Not even AmTrak. If so, they would blow through the mother city and I'd know about it.
Fact #2: One character was supposedly from Terlingua - a well known ghost town and tourist trap in Big Bend National Park. No one actually lives there in real life, so I'm told.

Get your facts strait, Hollywood. Still can't believe I'm writing about a TV show. I'm not in denial. I don't have a problem...you do.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to correct, by there is an amtrack that does travel from el paso to dallas, it just goes through san antonio instead of abilene. It takes 28 hours and 30 minutes to get there. Now you know why no one travel by train.