Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Testimony #015

Agent Wife and I may not know how we're going to pay for our freaking mortgage from month to month. But at least we can now travel.

We have a new car.

The Star Destroyer is a 2002 Lincoln Towncar with barely 30K on it. So...it's practically brand new and barely broken in.

It was my late grandfather's car. My dad and his siblings had planned to sell it and for whatever reason didn't. So my dad generously made it available for my family. I just returned from picking it up in Houston.

This is funny on many accounts:
- Towncars are generally associated with elderly retired rich people. I'm 35, have no money, and now have 2 towncars in my driveway (the Millenium Falcon is a '93 with 240K).
- As reported recently, the Millenium Falcon went down last Saturday. It's no big deal. It's just the alternator. But right then I couldn't even afford that. And it was our only car. But I've known of this potential deal with getting the '02 for about 2 weeks. There couldn't have been a better time for the Star Destroyer to come into my care.

These are miraculous yet weird times in the agent household. I'm thankful for them. And although I'm thankful for the generosity of my dad and the chain of events that lead to this, I have to give credit to the CEO of the universe. He is the provider of all.

No comments: