Saturday, July 08, 2006

Obi-Wan Tales Chapter VII: Sub Spotter

...always fascinated with Obi-Wan's WWII days:

Today while sitting in his living room in front of some loud fans and the smell of leg bone cooking in the kitchen, he told me a tale of his WWII days I've yet to hear.

He and his army troupe traveled to the Mediterranean by ship. His buddies called him "Tex" because he's from Texas, I guess.

He was fascinated by the water because he thought that it looked as though they were always traveling up hill while out on the ocean. So he spent a lot of time on deck staring out on the water.

Then one day he spotted something. Turns out he actually saw a sub periscope. A submarine was traveling with their convoy. There wasn't suppose to be.

I assume it was German but he says it was Japanese. I don't know too much about WWII history but I can't imagine the Japanese were too involved around Europe. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, I don't know if they ever captured the sub. But Obi-Wan was supposed to receive some kind of medal for his alerting the crew.

He never got the medal.

No comments: