Monday, March 24, 2008

easter randoms


Agent Wife had a cool idea of having a grand lunch at our house easter Sunday and invite the neighbors and locals. The Sanfords and a few of their hanger-ons came, minus The Tiger and The Bulldog (I don’t see much of them anymore). Also, Obi-Wan came, which is the first time he’s been at our house since he went legless a year ago.

It was a pretty holiday-type meal: turkey (fixed by Agent Wife but provided by Obi-Wan), several thanksgiving-ish sides, green salad, watermelon, and peach cobbler with ice cream. I thought that meal was a good indicator of spring. Like leaving the cold holiday months (turkey) and entering the warmer months (watermelon).

Later that night we were invited to the nurse’s and chef’s house for dinner with some folks. I finally met the church admin in person.

Nurse and chef came back from vacation in Colorado and brought me back the coolest gifts: a both a poster and t-shirt of my favorite beer. They toured the New Belgium Brewery. I couldn’t believe it. This is like the best unexpected, undeserving, random gift I’ve ever received. Thanks!

Thank you CEO for a great weekend.

2 comments:

Leanne Stewart said...

I love how much you're seeing and being blessed, B!

Anonymous said...

B,

Life is good and, sharing the moments with Friends is a sweet reward,

Easter for me is the time of fertility, dating back 1000 years prior to Christ.

With a new baby on the way in the growth chamber the time of the fertility Rabbit is most dear to me.

We had the eggs of the cosmos and the snake & Rabbit came to our farm in mass.

With Cakes and ale in abundance, a good time was had by all.


Praise be to the goddess of heaven for all that she gives unto the earth
Vaughn