Monday, February 27, 2006

Family

Piggybacking on the orphan post...

I've always been attracted to the kick-ass version of the CEO portrayed in Psalms 68. And in the midst of this all-wicked-will-perish kinda god are my favorite lines from the 5th & 6th verse, "A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonley in families..."

I catch myself often saying that I have no family in the fair mother city. The truth is, I actually do. A large extended one. Recently, Kurt, aka Uncle Kurt, has been made an official part of that family.

Tonight, Agent Wife, Agent Offspring, Uncle Kurt and I were at the hospital with Obi-Wan. (I finally got some diagnosis reports from the nurse. Basically, they're waiting for his legs to heal. His medication was changed today, hoping to speed up the process). On our way out, Obi-Wan announced to all 4 of us that we're all family and that we're the only family he considers family.

Thank for taking away our loneliness, CEO.

2 comments:

james said...

A beautiful post man. Thank you for sharing this.

miller said...

the world is full of invisible people...

God wants them to have a family...

there's a way for that to happen...

i think it has to do with a cup of water...

keep it up dude, i'm gonna start callin' you the "waterboy".